Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our Little Family


I absolutely love being a mother.  It is so rewarding.  Nothing else in life compares.  I always knew I would love having a family, I just didn’t realize how much I would love it.  I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me such a perfect son.  He is such a sweetheart.  I will look at him for hours every day and think just how much I love him.  I love being at home and spending every waking moment with him.  I love cuddling with him and want to hold him all the time.  I’m just soaking it all up!  He’s all I think about, and all we talk about.  I’ve really enjoyed nursing and the bonding effect it has. Every milestone in his life so far has been so exciting. I cherish every moment. I treasure the present but am also so excited for the future.  It is so fun to watch McKay grow and learn new things.  Being a mother has been the best gift you can receive.


I also love my husband.  Although I love McKay more than words can express, it has not replaced the love I have for Logan.  He is my number one!  Logan is such a wonderful father.  Watching him with McKay has made me love him even more.  I am so blessed to be married to Logan for time and all eternity.  I am so grateful for eternal families; I can’t imagine only having McKay and Logan for this lifetime.  They are my everything.  I am such a lucky girl!  I am so blessed!  

4 comments:

Garrett and Shelly and baby Julia said...

Ah Whitney these pictures are beautiful! I am so glad you posted on my blog and now I can keep up with you! Garrett said he knows Logan from sports, what a small world we both were on Ambassadors and both married baseball boys and both had babies within a few weeks of each other ha. I can't believe how similar our babies are, it is so fun to read about your sweet little boy! And it makes me feel better about my baby because she also wants to be held constantly and also eats every 2-3 hours and I also can't wait for a day when I get more sleep haha! Please add me when you make your own blog private, shellymesserly@gmail, and I hope everything keeps going well for you!!

Ames and Jer-da-me said...

Hey guys! Mckay is adorable...enjoy him now while he doesn't move and is still small (and not very heavy), because before you know it he will be running circles around you and completely wearing you out!

I am sorry he is still waking up every 2-3 hours at night, I think that is partially a blessing in disguise though. Zac would only wake up once per night to eat and by the time he woke up I "needed" him to wake up! But I found if I pumped right before I went to bed (after his last feeding) I wouldn't be so engorged at 4 am. Pumping before I went to bed also helped me build up a good frozen milk supply.

I kicked Zac out of our room pretty early too (4 weeks), that first night I also felt like I had abandoned him, but then I realized how much better we were sleeping with him in his own room and will do the same with the next kid!

Hope things keep going well for you three.

4 Boys said...

So cute! We're excited to watch your family change through your cute blog. We have a blog 4daboys.blogspot.com. Jerame has a blog for Cody the missionary at kcodyhafen.blogspot.com. Keep posting we love reading about the family. Love, Judy

Josh 'n Jenn said...

I love all of your pictures Whit. So cute!