McKay Robert Whatcott was born on September 1
st, 2011 at 2:12 AM. He was very healthy weighing 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. We are proud parents and love our precious little boy. McKay is such a sweet little guy who loves to cuddle and be with his mom and dad. He is very patient and easy to console. McKay is beautiful in every way and has very handsome features. He has a full head of black hair which I absolutely love. We couldn’t ask for a more perfect son!
 |
| McKay just minutes after being born... Isn't he handsome! |
McKay is very handsome, but immediately after his birth wasn’t so attractive. He was born purple and at first did not move or cry. My first impression of McKay was that he looked dead and not very cute. Don’t get me wrong I love him very much but at first he looked like an alien. In Logan’s words, he had a funnel head and was purple! Luckily, his coloring quickly became normal. McKay was born with his cord wrapped twice around his neck. Soon after Logan cut his cord, they gave him oxygen to clear his air way. Finally he started crying. After quickly cleaning him off, they laid him on my chest. It was the most special moment, and immediately I felt so much love for this little man.


 |
I absolutely loved Doctor Lunt. I saw him at 7:30 AM on Wednesday, he checked on me very regularly
throughout the day, delivered our baby at 2:12 AM on Thursday, checked on me again at 8:00 AM,
then left for the airport at 8:30 AM. He literally worked a 24 hour shift! |
 |
| Grandma & Grandpa Wadsworth and Uncle Jared |
 |
Grandma & Grandpa Whatcott
|
McKay’s first few days of life were so special; however the poor little guy had to get a lot of blood drawn. He had low blood glucose levels and had the jitters. Since birth he has always been a great little eater (his nurse called him a little piglet), but his blood glucose was just low. Consequently, they had to take his blood before and after feedings to ensure he was getting enough nutrients. His pediatrician wasn’t too worried about his jitters but just to be safe did a full range of blood tests to make sure he wasn’t low or deficient in anything important. As expected, the tests all came back normal! His little nervous system just needs to finish developing, but no need to be concerned! His glucose levels also raised and we were able to take him home the next day. McKay stayed in my hospital room the entire time except when getting his blood drawn. I made them draw his blood in the nursery because I didn’t like seeing my little sweetheart cry in pain. Upon leaving the hospital, McKay had fifteen little pricks in his feet and one in his arm. McKay was such a trooper. The nurses even commented that once they finished taking his blood he was so easy to console. They said, “You have a sweet one!” McKay rarely cried, but just softly whimpered instead. He was quite sleepy at first and we had to wake him to feed. We learned really fast that McKay likes to pee all over himself when changing his diaper.

 |
| Our new little family |
 |
| Aunt Tiffany came from Reno, Nevada |
 |
| Grandma & Grandpa Hafen |
Around 6:00 PM on September 2
nd, we took our precious little boy home. We had such a wonderful hospital experience. I felt great, and Logan and I both were so happy and excited for our new adventure as a little family. As we walked out of the hospital, my nurse said, “I’m sure we’ll see you in here again. You two are great at this and I predict you’ll have lots of kids to come!” She’s probably right! We love being parents...
No comments:
Post a Comment