| I have grown to love this cute little scowl. (Just like his dad) |
![]() |
| Such Proud Parents |
McKay is quite strong for a newborn. He is always turning his neck around and arching his back so he can see more of his surroundings. As expected, he loves the color contrast of black and white but will sometimes just stare at a blank wall. We always wonder what he’s thinking. McKay’s legs are quite strong. Logan calls them little pistons. When he’s mad, cold, or getting his diaper changed, he’ll kick them out and in, out and in- just like a piston.
My favorite time with McKay is in the morning after a good nights rest. McKay is so alert and attentive. He sits in his bouncer on our kitchen table and watches us eat breakfast.
My favorite thing about a newborn is when they nestle on your shoulder and you hold them under there bum. I love feeling McKay’s hair against my face, and Logan loves having McKay’s head on his neck or chest. We love when he starts “rooting” for food and it feels like kisses.
McKay went to church this week. We only went to sacrament, but everyone was so surprised to see us there. (It felt as if McKay knew it was Sunday and he needed to be good that morning so we could get ready. He was so happy and alert, and was quite a distraction at church- everyone wanted to see him!)
McKay has turned into a loud little sleeper. He cues when he’s in a deep sleep and then will grunt for a while before he finally wakes up. He no longer sleeps for long time periods; he likes to eat every two hours.
He’s a great burper and has loud farts. Logan and I keep laughing at how were so excited when he passes gas and always encourage it. When does it change and passing gas starts to become a No, No!
McKay will often go through two diapers in two minutes! The minute you change his diaper, he’ll dirty the new one…
It's amazing how the human body can expand to fit a child inside. Here's pictures of one week before and one week after McKay was born.
My favorite thing about a newborn is when they nestle on your shoulder and you hold them under there bum. I love feeling McKay’s hair against my face, and Logan loves having McKay’s head on his neck or chest. We love when he starts “rooting” for food and it feels like kisses.
McKay has turned into a loud little sleeper. He cues when he’s in a deep sleep and then will grunt for a while before he finally wakes up. He no longer sleeps for long time periods; he likes to eat every two hours.
He’s a great burper and has loud farts. Logan and I keep laughing at how were so excited when he passes gas and always encourage it. When does it change and passing gas starts to become a No, No!
McKay will often go through two diapers in two minutes! The minute you change his diaper, he’ll dirty the new one…
It's amazing how the human body can expand to fit a child inside. Here's pictures of one week before and one week after McKay was born.




1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! I am so stinking happy that you are blogging about all of this. I almost feel like I was there and that is a wonderful gift to a friend who lives over 3 hours away :(. He is just perfect and I can't wait to hold him! I got teary eyed on the post about labor and delivery. Babies bring the most incredible spirit into your home and life! Also, as a side note, Crew giggles every time he toots and we do too. Maybe 2 is too old? :) lol.
Post a Comment