Our first week at home with McKay has been better than expected. You hear all these horror stories about “the adjustment phase” but Logan and I keep thinking, “What’s so tough about having a kid? This is pretty easy…” I would even get excited to wake up with him during the night. (It wasn’t until later we realized just how much work kids can be!) McKay rarely cries; he just whimpers when hungry and is so easy to comfort. He is so lovable, and we feel more love for him than we can possibly describe through words.
 |
| McKay in his newborn cradle that sits by our bed |
McKay is the first grandbaby on the Whatcott side and the second grandbaby on the Wadsworth side. He is so loved and always has someone who wants to hold him!
 |
| Aunt Ashlyn |
 |
| Aunt Jacee and Aunt Dani |
 |
| Cousins Brooklyn and Taebree. Brooklyn made McKay an adorable blanket! |
 |
| McKay's Great Grandma & Grandpa Whatcott |
 |
| Great Grandpa, Grandpa, Father, Son |
 |
| The Wadsworth Boys |
 |
| The Wadsworth Family: We keep growing in numbers! |
 |
| Proud Wadsworth Grandparents |
 |
| Great Grandpa & Grandma Wadsworth |
McKay's first bath experience was pretty traumatic. Being new parents, we filled up his little bath tub and sat him in it. To say the least, he did not like it! It wasn’t until his Grandma Wadsworth gave us the great lesson of keeping a towel around him while bathing the top half and then switching to the bottom half that he started to enjoy his baths. Logan likes a really clean kid and can be quite thorough with baths!
A few other fun memories of this week include:
- McKay seriously pees on himself every time his diaper is off. We tried all kinds of tricks to keep his clothes dry; however he still managed to get wet somehow. One time he even was able to pee on me. I just laughed! Finally, I learned the ultimate trick. I use a DRY wipe and scrunch it around his boy part. Right before velcroing the new diaper in place I’ll remove the now wet wipe! For the most part it works every time. (I’ve heard about Peepee Teepees but who wants to wash 12 little cover ups a day- I like disposable!)
- McKay hates being cold, especially when getting lotion and while changing his diaper. During these times he’ll get the jitters and shake.
- He doesn’t like to be swaddled when sleeping; he keeps both arms up by his head. It’s so adorable to watch.
- His eyes have a hard time focusing and he’ll sometimes go cross eyed.
- McKay had his first appointment with his pediatrician, Dr. Marsden. We absolutely love his doctor. The best news I heard all week was when Dr. Marsden told me to use a binky. He said, “McKay is using you as a binky!”
- We went on our first stroller ride. I felt pretty tired afterwards. It's amazing how wiped out you can be after delivering a child!
No comments:
Post a Comment